The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offer to African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China.
The Member states are supported with development and implementation policies and other programmes which are channeled towards intra-African collaboration and experiences, quality assurance in the fields as well as contributions to accomplishment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
- The Scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
- The Language of Instruction shall be in English.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates who are applying for Masters’ programmes must possess the following requirements:
- Undegraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum of 32 years
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport ( at least six months validity)
- Clear coloured passport size photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees and one personal referee
- Health certificate
Note: All applicants must apply directly through the University website and in addition, apply for scholarship through the Chinese Government Website.
For more information on the application process see the link below: