MINDS Scholarship Program for Leadership Development is made for Africans who desires to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa. The scholarship aims to develop leaders who have a continental development mindset that will aid in greater building and cooperation between African Countries.
The Scholarship offers a full time studies of a one or two years Master’s degrre at one of the MINDS preferred institutions.
Value of the Scholarship
Depending on the nature of the scholarship – partial or full scholarship, it covers some or all of the expenses below:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend
To be considered for a MINDS scholarship you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
Interested applicants who meet the eligibility criteria above should submit their application as soon as they receive official acceptance from the MINDS preferred university.
Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
– Be addressed to the applicant.
– State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
– State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
– State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application.
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
For more information on scholarships application details visit >>> MINDS Scholarships for Africans.