Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme: The Government of Ireland through its Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, offers postgraduate scholarship to international students.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
Level of Study: Postgraduate Degree Programme
Research Course: Any course of study
- Sir Neil Isaac Scholarship in Environmental Science
- Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship
Value of the Scholarship
The programme provides an avenue through which outstanding students direct their own research at the early-career stage with close monitoring by the supervisor. Also, Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
On the other hand, scholarship programme provides the following financial benefits:
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
How to Apply
Applicants for the scholarship are required to read the 2021 Government of Ireland Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. This followed by filling and submitting the scholarship application form via online system.
Opening Date: 3rd September, 2020.
Application Deadline: 29th October, 2020.
Scholarship Start Date: 1st September, 2021.
To learn more about the scholarship visit the official scholarship website >>> Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme.