University of Waterloo, Canada under its Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs, offers the International Master’s Award of Excellence. The award will be effective from May 1, 2019 and will awarded to eligible international Master’s students normally entering a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo.
The Award will be given on entirely merit basis via academic excellence demonstrated through the candidate’s application for admission to the graduate program.
Level of Study: Masters Degree
Course: Any course of study
- Trent University Undergraduate Scholarship
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship at University of Toronto
Value of the Award
The Award is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five terms.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grandparented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
How to Apply
All application for the award is to be done online via the official scholarship website. For further information about this award can be made by contacting the applicable: Departme.nt Graduate Co-ordinator.
Application Deadline: The award will be effective by May 1, 2019.