The University of Queensland, Australia offers a PhD scholarship opportunity to eligible new students applying for PhD Programme at the university. The course of study is on the Industrial control systems cyber security.
About the Project
The project aims to investigate cyber automation for critical infrastructure which utilize industry control systems. The project is of two purpose:
- To build a distributed data collection infrastructure for IT and OT networks to achieve automated early warning detection and
- To develop a swift and effective detection method which prevent malicious behaviour in the network for cyber-security of Industrial IoT devices and ICS. There are 2 PhD scholarships available.
The research project will be conducted in the UQ Industry 4.0 Energy TestLab. The available facilities include Rockwell and Schneider programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human machine interfaces (HMI), rugged switches, and firewalls.
Values of the Scholarship
The scholarship is valued at $28,092 per annum (2020 rate). This will cover the Research student’s living allowance and funding of the project itself.
Duration: Three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances
Candidate must provide a prove that he/she is prepared for PhD study by showing that –
- have completed some research experience
- have completed an approved university degree and
- can meet the English language requirements.
Provision of an approved degree in –
- in an area relevant to your proposed PhD project and
- completed no more than 10 years ago.
Demonstration some research experience.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Queensland’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
How To Apply
- Cover letter
- Academic transcript/s
- Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements eg TOEFL, IELTS
- Research proposal
Application Deadline: 28th September, 2020.
Further information visit >>> Official Scholarship Website.