United Nations University, Netherlands opens application into its Fellowship under its School of Governance. The fellowship is for students for PhD degree programme for the 2020 – 2021 academic year.
The aim of the fellowship is to train fellows to become both scholars and practioners by improving on fellow’s research skill and method.
Course Level: PhD Degree Programme
Field of Study: Governance and the Economics of Technology
Country of Study: Netherlands
The United Nation University – MERIT covers tuition fees for the students who want to start a PhD degree program in fields of Governance and the Economics of technology for the academic year 2020-2021.
Also see World Bank Scholarships Programme
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- a Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including:
– economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
- certified copies of your certificates and grades and an explanation of the grading system
- proof of English proficiency
- motivation letter of 400 – 500 words
- three letters of recommendation (in English only) by current or former professors or employers
- one-page essay indicating the topic of research interest
- curriculum vitae
- copy of your passport
- passport size photo
- full information about your present study and/or job
How to Apply
Application for the fellowship is to be done online at the University admission portal. The documents for the application are to received by the University in the following form:
- Essay, motivation letter and CV: uploaded through the application form
- Passport and picture: uploaded through the application form (PDF or JPG)
- Recommendation letters, directly from the reviewers to the programme
- diplomas and transcripts: electronic copies initially and later on hard copies by postal mail
Application Deadline: 22nd February, 2020.
For more information visit >>> United Nations University Fellowship.